Thursday, April 24, 2008

Fragments. Pieces.













_A_ so, where are you going?
_Q_ I have no idea.
_A_ sometimes that's the only way to get there.

















untitled, selma


Some air stops,
____for a moment it is my lung.
________leaves.
(some stays to hug my heart closed/Open;
________leaves too).
____(start again)


*___*___*

Limb by limb it packed itself up. Lay down. It's a strange sound when the soul of a star finds its way out.
What's the light of light? And death, premature as always...
____And of course there are stories about prayers, that and other first lines, that and other things people say at the end. Or at least hope to say, that and other things people hope to say before the end.

____-What?

____When I forget the hands in my lap, close my eyes: there are black stars and black clouds. Black ideas that float on black rivers (the color of infinity)... -Yes, and futures compressed into seconds. (Rocks are decisions, too hard to make, distilled).
____[-kick one, it'll tell you a story]
____And I smile- which no one can see (a smile in the darkness), and wonder if the black can smile back. Here we sit, miracle and miracle; face-to-face. The black cow of infinity drudging along with her sack of tomorrows, and I (with my yesterdays). Black birds. Black breaths. I in it and it in I. Landscape within landscape. Spiegelim speigel. The stars shake with each thud of a heartbeat, with each sigh sway, the remnant baby's hats and pink flip-flops drifting centimeter by centimeter out to sea at dusk. The sounds have settled like dust- they're there, but motionless... only the stars. Only the stars. only the stars. only the stars. only the stars. Black wind carries hopes and dreams and fears, black leaves are too light. Black ticks and never and never again

____-What?

Black pianos; with only black keys. Playing only the rests (Don't touch it you'll stir up the dust). A bus floats through the south of Italy. A kaleidoscope of black-only colors. Of black stars twinkling like black diamonds... the ocean, the stars, veins... a kaleidoscope of

____-What? (again)

____-yeah. ____ok.

____-no, it's ok. NO!, i'm coming, it's fine.

____-praying.

____-I was praying. what do you mean why?

*___*___*

Possible Titles for Today's Post

this floor, this shadowed ceiling
this happiness that i can't explain (or won't try)
and all the fear that binds men
(that dissolves and I can't explain (and won't try)
this hunger, this insatiable curiosity,
the future and its drama and full of nothings (which means everything)
and of course:
____love
which I have and lost and have again and never (can) los(e)t and fear and want back
and hate and hope to die holding tight to my chest gripped
(and i am late for midnight)
(and i am late for my own name,
which carries on without me and which is me and my future self
and i am me not i
and i am i not me
and i am nothing if not either of those
and nothing is better than either of those
and i can't understand myself what i mean (nor will i try)
because tonight is perfect (and too perfect for words
(nor will i try)

No comments: