Thursday, May 1, 2008

a notapoem for tomorrow

In any case tomorrow's on its way.
As usual I am too not ready
____(to make fossils of my tulips,
____memories of dreams,
____deceive the present into the future)
I look up; tomorrow night
might have one less star.

I've been busy being happy.
____(52 cards I've got all hearts for once)
Somehow, I'm less scared of all the
7-day bundles I've scorched or kissed
____(who makes soo many seconds anyway?)

Dear Tomorrow:
____come as you will.
____I've dreams as we all do,
____more rocks than comets
____most of them (as we all do).

I'm not sorry about the beach.
about the jogging.
about the conversations.
What I've missed in arithmetic
I've revised in humanity.
If that should please you,
my lips to yours do meet.
If not?,
____my hand lifts a plastic cup.
____I sip and stare out at blocked roads.
____I hum April in Paris to myself,
____perhaps I am Luis Armstrong after all.
____There are more stars in the sky
____than the conceived rocks of all our
____combined misimaginations.

4 comments:

golriz said...

notapoem.

perfect.

i just wrote one.

"a notapoem for you"

(the 'you' wasn't you though)

(be glad)

(and it wasn't appropriate to post here in your comments)

(be glad)

but it is a brilliant word: 'notapoem', and so i'm going to use it again and again.

because like you, plagiarize from the best, is what i do.

Capone: said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ashley Ludwin said...

"I'm not sorry about the beach"

Preach it brotha!

Capone: said...
This comment has been removed by the author.