Friday, June 20, 2008

Diptych


untitled, snjezana

____1.

the air is warm,
like someone's exhaled breath;
that's why it lingers under shadows longer.
____(still carrying the weight of the places it's been)

the sprinklers are on under a tree.
i stop there, close my eyes,
sounds like winter.
____(i'm not sure what that means)



____2. (nocturne)

- i hope to see a firefly soon,
__a campfire
____a woman undressed, ___the keys of a piano with their lustful eyes,
______________________(reach out and hold my hand to their breast
(now i close my eyes, and touch her ivory skin and just listen to her silent music,
her silent heartbeat,
__the story of a tree: __unplayed pianos sing of dirt, and bird's calls, and still (out of habit) time decades by the migrations of clouds...

(now i open my eyes, and run my hand up to shoulder, neck, around her, my body follows- i cannot control it, __a wave meets the sand, for a moment both disappear and leave only sound instead

- i hope to see naked feet lounging, __the geraniums at the tips of toes streaking like car stoplights. ___i follow the wind of my fantasies up thighs
(sounds like an echo cho _ho ___o
____________(a whispered scent of memory,

START REVERIE___ when i was 13 i lay in bed and practiced sleeping without exhaling deeply, worried my breaths would irritate my one-day-to-be-future-wife.

____7 years later, she is displeased with the spoon, and turns, and pushes me off my side onto my back (i had been holding my breath and was moments away from turning blue), she adjusts her pillow, my arm, and crawls into a little space under my neck. i am silent as a mouse. i feel a little tide on my chest, her warm breaths, cyclical, the shades of black from within her, the skeletons and unused props of her dreams, her little annoyances, she leaves on my chest. i slow my heart to match the rhythm. it feels like the moon has found a fingertip to pat me with. i realize i have only just become human; ____i sleep dreamlessly. ____perfectly. ____END REVERIE

____________(a whispered scent of memory,
i am left with night's black hair, black eyes, ___fragment limbs of women
fragment hearts of my own

(- i hope to see a tree soon in a quiet place where i can)
sit back-to-chest, wait long enough till she wraps her roots.arms around me. i can close my eyes, (trees breaths are cool) swim in bark, slow my heartbeat

live dangerously.

- when i get lonely i get
___[shakes his head]

- i hope to see my own life soon
___(maybe wake to it-
recognize it and smile,
goodmorning sun, i recognize you from before

and she smile back.
___(maybe wake to her
morning love.
___hhwh ah t
sleep baby, sleep.
___ehhm hhwh a
[smile] (i won't wake you up)
sleep baby, sleep.
___hhhm k

you're dressed in skin and white sheets,
the sails of the angel that dragged us here,
rosy footed, sure-souled, cherub cheeked, and pristine hearted,
in white sails we descended,
dreams turned into seconds,
life assumed colors,
out of our now-becoming-frightened whimpers words were distilled,
dreams grew heavy and dark and fell from trees as days, and years, and moments not spent kissing,
life assumed lifedom

in the dark,
____________(a whispered scent of memory,
i miss all i was
when i had no limbs.

(at least kiss me, ____it makes it easier

- when i get lonely i get
___[shakes his head]

No comments: