Monday, June 9, 2008

not quite yet (nocturne)


















seaside, scarlet traces


nicknames my not.yet.wife will call me
do not exist yet.

*

Martha was the last to run her hands through my hair. it's natural when she does it, i barely take notice. only today, three weeks later, i missed it suddenly and unforgettably. We looked at each other, there's just no where to go home to she said. It's the first true thing I'd heard in months.

*

the day slowly slowly
does
itself
in.

*

everything i might be,
i might be.

(sooner or
never.

*

also:
dear world,
dear night:

a song is sung too slow for other ears to notice:

mein favorite
borderies
SYTYCD

somewhere a song no one could hear will end,
____(or i think that's what she said

2 comments:

Ashley Ludwin said...

mein favorite= your bad ears.
borderies= my happiness
long live sytycd!

mar said...

has it been so long already--i could have sworn it was only yesterday. jayet khalee.