Saturday, November 5, 2016

DESCRIPTIONS OF THE HUNDREDS OF BUTTERFLIES I SEE FROM MY OFFICE ON THE 40th FLOOR WHILE BEGRUDGINGLY WORKING ON A SUNNY SUNDAY



the dust has settled, and we walk through what's left with relief that we are walking and part of what's left

snow, in reverse, floating away from the earth, warming us as it rises

somewhere a mother is so proud

(two dance right by my window) hello friends hello be-my-friends hello i know-you-are 

we should all dance as loosely. ignore the choreography, our steps are light as air

are you here to remind me of something?

the hourglass is running in reverse, the grains trickle upwards. each one i am delighted to see and sorry to see gone, not to return again. (where will you all go? where will you all sleep?

not everything that rises returns. say hi to the balloons for me.


* * *

thank you lordie, i needed something beautiful today

2 comments:

alexandra said...

i check back here now and again in hopes that maybe you've shared more of your writing. your words always make my heart expand.

i hope this finds you well

al

Anonymous said...

i also check back. i hope you're doing okay. <3 l.t.s.