Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Thursday, January 15th, 2009

All Thursdays maybe speak today's language,
the sun that arranges itself like long peeled lemon rinds
___between our feet and across our tables in jagged shapes,
and the wind stands up for itself only silently,
___in gentle sign-language telling my skin "it'll be ok,
___and summer is here, but can't do too much harm long as i am".
Terracotta tiles motionless like oranges in trees marked in place,
table-tops and the skin of women passing radiate a different warmth,
that of a thing alive.
_______like, finally, me.

2 comments:

mar said...

Happy Birthday. I love you.

Anonymous said...

Hey Q,

Happy Birthday seems to be the order of the day. It's still the 15th my time mate.

As for the windows down in the car thing.... try skydiving if you haven't... i'd wager you'll find it a tad closer to flying...

I'm not going to sign off with lots of love as you seem to make women wont to do, but take care and good luck for 26.

MM